Monday, August 9, 2010

DON'T DO FOR GOD DO WITH GOD

Don’t do for God Do with God! Current mood: blessed I am going to take a few minutes to talk about something I feel is important and even those who do "good" do it with the intentions of getting something in return and therefor they do for God and dont do "good" with God. In life we all sin and suffer with pain, financial strain, relationship struggle, or whatever it may be. No matter who you are you sin and have hard times. When we sin and those hard times are too much we have two choice and the first choice that many make is to rely on "self" " I can fix this" "I can deal with this and nobody has to every know" "If I ignore this it will go away" "If I do enough good it will cover up or out weigh the bad times or the sin I just committed" So we try to hide it cover it and burry it. However news flash it is still there! Our second choice is to move forward into God and let Him deal with it with US. So choice run deeper and further from God and burry it (remember it is still there) or deal with it and give it to God and own up to it and let God work with you to move forward. I dont like to go deeper and backwards however I am human and often feel as if I can take on the world alone and have too much pride to let others know otherwise. Is this a front? Indeed it is. Most tend to think that by taking matters into OUR hands and dealing with them even if we think is a positive way to deal with them and that if we do good we will be blessed. Wrong. God does not say do for me as you see fit. He says listen to me work with me and we will prevale together. Lets look at Moses we all know who he is. Exodus 2:11-14 and then Exodus 3: 9-14. Moses was born a Hebrew and raised as an Egyptian as we all know. He spent 40 years lost and felt confused and did not know what to do with it. he then learns at age 40 he is a Hebrew and boy did this confuse his heart even more as his people were slave of the Egyptians. So one day he is out and about and seens an Egyptian beating a Hebrew and he is angry by and takes it into his own hands (key point) and kills the Egyptian and burried him in the sand (another key point) he goes home feeling like he has done something good for God (key point) however he goes back the next day and sees two Hebrews fighting each other and he says wait what is going on dont fight each other and you know what the Hebrews look at him like who are you to tell us what to do you just killed a man the other day. Ashamed and exposed of his sin he runs into the the dessert and yep ignores God and his calling and burried all of his sin past, hurt, and he gets depressed and tries to make a new life however is never content and then 40 years later (he is 80) just when he thinks it is all wiped away God comes to him in a burning bush and says Moses are you tired of doing this your way? Are you ready to listen to Me now? Moses is really confused now and then to hear God tell him to go get the Hebrews must have been overwhelming for Mose for one he has a speach problem and he is older and depressed and is like God why now where were you 40 years ago and God says I was there Moses I have all along you just did not let me in listen to me and let me guide you. So Moses is like what can I do? God says go to them tell them to follow you to this mountain. Moses is like how will they know to follow me who will I tell them you are and this part is amazing God says " I AM has sent me to you" I AM. Not God, not Jesus, not the sun as he is so much more than that you can not put a name on Him HE IS. Meaning I AM eternal I AM before time I AM now and I AM forever and I AM good and I AM the way dont do for me do with me listen follow me side by side and I will guide you every step of the way and I AM forever! Amazing huh? We are not good enough to face this world alone. God is and He will be by your side in this cruel world of sin we are condemned to by birth but we can choose to burry our wrong our hurt our pain our guilty tuck it away and move on with a smile and do good for God (it is still there) I promise you will not be content you need to turn it all over to God beside you and walk with Him and be dependent on Him as He has what it takes to press on! Message Dont Do for God Do With God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment